Valentino Rossi 2012 'The Doctor' logo T-shirt yellow
This Valentino Rossi 2012 'The Doctor' logo T-shirt yellow forms part of the official 2012 Valentino Rossi VR46 clothing and accessories collection.
HighRevs.net - MotoGP news
Provided courtesy of:
HighRevs.net - MotoGP news - latest MotoGP news and resources: tracks, teams, riders, MotoGP merchandise, MotoGP photos and wallpapers...
- Marquez repeats COTA magic
- 2014-04-14 - This Valentino Rossi 2012 'The Doctor' logo T-shirt yellow forms part of the official 2012 Valentino Rossi VR46 clothing and accessories collection.As it was clear from the first free practice, reigning world champion Marc Marquez had no real challenger for another 25 points in COTA. Spanish rider led race from flag to flag, eventually finishing 5 second clear from team mate Pedrosa, who once again had to quietly settle in second position. Surprise of the day came from Andrea Dovizioso, who edged German rider Stefan Bradl for final podium spot. Although third position for Dovizioso was partially due to disastrous result of Movistar Yamaha riders, it seems that Ducati is slowly making some steps forward after long time.
- MotoGP season 2014 starts with Marquez-Rossi dramma
- 2014-03-24 - Long anticipated 2014 MotoGP season has begun in fantastic way, with race that brought a lot of excitement and close racing, something that was we haven't seen recently. Already from practice sessions we knew that anything can happen in race, and indeed we saw one of most dramatic races in recent years. Lot of riders crashed from race proving that everyone was on the edge in season opener, while Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez gave us fantastic battle, with Rossi reminding on his best days.
- Jorge Lorenzo becomes 2012 MotoGP world champion
- 2012-10-28 - Although Casey Stoner took his sixth consecutive victory at Philip Island in his last appearance on Australian track in MotoGP, Jorge Lorenzo was he star of the day, as he sealed 2012 MotoGP championship by taking 2nd position in the race. Lorenzo had to cruise to second place as Dani Pedrosa, only possible candidate for the 2012 MotoGP world title, crashed in second lap of the race, while trying to get in front of Lorenzo and Stoner.
- Valentino Rossi move to Yamaha officially announced
- 2012-08-10 - After a lot of rumors and speculations about Valentino Rossi future, Yamaha and Ducati today officially announced return of MotoGP legend to Yamaha factory team. It was expected move for Rossi, who will try to return to winning ways after two years of continuous failure to make top results on Italian machine.
- Jorge Lorenzo wins in Qatar
- 2012-04-09 - Opening race of the 2012 MotoGP season was worth waiting for, as it brought some exciting racing and unexpected twists that we did not see many times previous season. Jorge Lorenzo came out as a winner of the Qatar race, which for the most of the time seemed to be just another of Casey Stoner dominant appearances. However, with few laps remaining, arm pump problems forced leading Stoner to slow down which give chance hard-working Lorenzo to get in front and hold-off charging Pedrosa, who beat his team-mate for second place.
- Stoner finishes Sepang test on top
- 2012-02-02 - After three days of intensive testing at Sepang circuit in Malaysia, MotoGP teams now have clear performance comparison of their 990cc machines on track. Rider-wise, main contenders were the same as in last years championship, with Casey Stoner once again being out of reach of his rivals - 0.591 seconds clear from Jorge Lorenzo in the last day of testing, despite missing first day of testing due to back problems. Situation bit demoralizing for other riders, but it seems that they need to find a way to deal with Stoner's out of the box speed...
- Marco Simoncelli dies after Sepang accident
- 2011-10-23 - Malaysian Grand Prix today saw terrible accident in which Marco Simoncelli tragically lost his life. Marco Simoncelli lost front end of his Gresini Honda on the second lap of the race in corner 11, and instead of sliding out of track, bike partially regained grip and dragged Simoncelli back to the racing line where he was hit by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.
- Stoner dominates Aragon
- 2011-09-18 - Casey Stoner continued to rule Aragon field in the race today same way as he has done through all weekend, winning the race without any serious challenge from other riders. After recovering first position from Spies and Pedrosa who both had better start, Stoner set series of fast laps and disappeared in the distance from second-placed Pedrosa. Pedrosa also had no challenges for second place, while Jorge Lorenzo patiently built his race to third place, which was best result reigning MotoGP champion could achieve after nightmare weekend.
- Stoner wins in Laguna Seca
- 2011-07-26 - Casey Stoner took fifth victory in 2011 in Laguna Seca, patiently building his pace over the course of the race to handle initial charge of the Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo. Opening stages of the race were not looking promising for Stoner, while Pedrosa and Lorenzo were on the hot pace, looking like possible race winners.
- Dani Pedrosa returns to the top in Sachsenring
- 2011-07-18 - Despite having decent pace through all practice sessions at Sachsenring, Dani Pedrosa was not considered to be main candidate for victory at German circuit due to the fact that he is still recovering from recent injuries. Opening laps of the race were also not favoring Pedrosa, looking more like victory is going to be decided between Stoner and Lorenzo. However, after both Lorenzo and Stoner shown their best cards, Pedrosa pull few lap records from his hat and won for the second time in 2011. Jorge Lorenzo managed to steal second place from Stoner in last lap, cutting his championship lead for 4 more points
- Casey Stoner dominates Catalan MotoGP race
- 2011-06-06 - Casey Stoner once again swiped the field in a dominant race victory, which saw him controlling the race from the moment he got in front of Jorge Lorenzo to the chequered flag. Lorenzo was unable to match the pace of charging Stoner and had to settle in second place, still staying at the top spot in championship standings with gap reduced to only 7 points to Stoner. Same as his team-mate Lorenzo, American Ben Spies rode race without much of a challenges, bringing his M1 to the final podium position in Catalunya.
- Pedrosa wins in Portugal
- 2011-05-01 - Dani Pedrosa got first taste of victory in 2011 in Estoril today, as he rode smart race in which he followed Lorenzo for the most of the race before making his move and disappearing in distance with five laps remaining. Lorenzo rode strong race, but he was unable to respond to Pedrosa once he got in front. Jorge Lorenzo still leads championship from Pedrosa by 4 points, while Casey Stoner, who rode lonely race to third place, trails Lorenzo by 24 points.
- Stoner finishes Sepag test in top spot
- 2011-02-24 - Final day of the second Sepang test was once again dominated by Casey Stoner, who managed to digg under current lap record and to set fastest time of the test of 1:59.665. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa was the only man able to follow Casey Stoner under 2:00 mark, while Marco Simoncelli confirmed potential by setting third fastest time. Andrea Dovizioso completed Honda attack, while Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo settled with 5h and 6th fastest times. Valentino Rossi, who skipped second day of the test due to fever, managed to improve his best time from first day by more than half of a second, but still ended day in distant 11th place on the timesheets, 1.804 seconds behind Stoner.
- Simoncelli seals Sepang test as fastest rider
- 2011-02-04 - First official MotoGP test of the 2011 has been completed after three intensive days in Sepang with Marco Simoncelli setting the fastest time, edging best time previously set by Dani Pedrosa by just 0.013 seconds. Sepang test shown large improvements made by Honda as their riders constantly occupied top spots of the timesheets through three days of testing. Despite not setting fastest times of the test, factory Yamaha bikes of Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies were constantly close to top, demonstrating high level of performance that we may expect from Yamaha in this season. Ducati on the other side, partly due to recovering Rossi, partly due to still ongoing development work, demonstrated solid progress in three days of testing, constantly closing gap to leading bikes.
- Dani Pedrosa quickest on day 2 in Sepang
- 2011-02-02 - Dani Pedrosa was the fastest rider of the second day of the MotoGP test in Sepang, as he set fantastic time of 2:00.770 in early hours of the session. Casey Stoner had to settle in second place today, 0.664 seconds behind Pedrosa, while Ben Spies took the role of the fastest Yamaha in 3rd place. Jorge Lorenzo set 7th time of the day, while Valentino Rossi improved 0.768 from yesterday but placed in low 13th place.
- Stoner sets the pace in opening day of Sepang test
- 2011-02-02 - Casey Stoner has continued in the same manner as in last test of the 2010, setting blistering pace on his second appearance on the Repsol Honda. Stoner ended day 1 of testing more than 0.4 seconds clear of the Jorge Lorenzo, with Dani Pedrosa in third place. Much anticipated appearance of the Valentino Rossi on GP11 for the second time saw Rossi in 17th position, still struggling with recovering shoulder.
- Valencia test day 1 - times and rider claims
- 2010-11-10 - Long awaited Valencia test has finally arrived, giving the chance to everyone to see Valentino Rossi on Ducati, Casey Stoner on Honda and various other lower-profile riders in different teams. Jorge Lorenzo used the chance to test new chassis for YZR-M1 and also new Ohlins suspension, setting fastest time of the day. His team-mate, Ben Spies had similar testing program and set third fastest time of the day. Casey Stoner quickly adopted to Honda to set second fastest time of the day, using 2010 RC211V machine in introduction day. Valentino Rossi did not turned the world around by his times on Ducati, as he spent most of the day on big-bang GP11 Ducati, switching only briefly to screamer engine powered bike at the end of the session. Read claims after first day of Valencia test.
- Jorge Lorenzo seals title with Valencia victory
- 2010-11-08 - Jorge Lorenzo sealed 2010 MotoGP campaign with victory on Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia, setting new maximum number of championship points in a single MotoGP season. Final race of the season proved to be quite exciting, as Lorenzo was forced to build his way through the field before stealing first place from Stoner, who looked like victory candidate at the start. Stoner had to settle in second place, while Valentino Rossi took final podium step in his last race with Yamaha.
- Casey Stoner wins at Phillip Island
- 2010-10-18 - Casey Stoner had no mercy on his competitors at Phillip Island, winning race which he led from start to finish and leaving closest rival - Jorge Lorenzo - 8.5 seconds behind. This was 4th consecutive victory of Casey Stoner at Phillip Island, but also his 3rd victory in last 4 MotoGP races, showing rising form of ex MotoGP champion. Jorge Lorenzo was the only rider that came close to pace of Casey Stoner, but difference of 8.5 seconds at the end of the race says enough how close this was. Valentino Rossi grabbed final podium position at Phillip Island after exciting fight with Nicky Hayden in final stages of the race.
- Casey Stoner takes Phillip Island pole
- 2010-10-16 - Casey Stoner seemed quite determined to beat competition on his home soil, taking pole position with time way ahead of his competitors - only Jorge Lorenzo managed to stay within a second of a pole-setter. Ben Spies was third fastest qualifier, taking front row for a third time in his first full MotoGP season.